Thursday, November 10, 2011

11/09/11: Toothpaste

"Nov. 9: Thankful for toothpaste"


I know that seems odd, but my friend, Sherri de Jesus, reminded me to look for out of the ordinary things for which to be thankful, like Zotz and Whistle Pops.  Yesterday, I realized just how thankful I was for toothpaste.


I had worked a very long day at SEAHDC in Warren.  I had to rewrite Behavior Support Plans for August because the old computer program they were on just quit.  I also had to write Psychology Progress Notes for every resident (102), and I had to write Behavior Support Committee Summaries for the residents to be reviewed in November.  Yep, a lot of writing.  So what does this have to do with toothpaste.  One thing: I WAS THERE FOREVER AND I HAD DRAGON BREATH!!! 


You see, when you have dragon breath, no gum or fireball can help.  It just douses the flames for a little while but even that's deceptive because all of that just coats your tongue and fans the flames of the dragon breath.  So, last night when I finally got home, I brushed my teeth and tongue...for a long time.  I realized how much I loved that my teeth didn't feel hairy anymore.  I knew I could kiss my husband without burning his eyebrows off.  That's why I'm thankful for toothpaste.  


I don't want my eyebrows burned off either.

No comments:

Post a Comment