Monday, November 7, 2011

11/05/11: Axis & Allies

"Nov. 5: Thankful that my guys and I played Axis & Allies all evening."


When Dave was a teenager, he and his friends often played the board game "Axis & Allies."  Before Jadyn was born, I went to Toronto.  While I was there, I went to a toy store to find my mom a Beany Baby with the Canadian flag on it (don't ask...at least not now), and I spotted that game.  I bought it and carried it on the plane as my carry-on bag.  Have you seen how big that box is?  Why did I not wait until I got home to buy it?  That's just me.  I can be impulsive like that.  I saw it, remembered how much Dave liked it, and bought it for him because he had helped me go to Toronto to see Les Miserables because Colm Wilkinson had joined that touring company.  Long story, but that's just one of the many reasons I love Dave so much.  So...I bought the game and we still laugh at how I looked walking off the plane with it!


Dave introduced Jadyn to the game, and Jadyn loves it, too!  He's still learning the strategy, but he'll pick it up.  So, starting Friday night, we had a family weekend of Axis & Allies.  I am thankful that my two guys and I like each other so much that we played a board game for several hours, late into the night on both Friday and Saturday nights.  That's quality family time, and I loved every second of it...even though I lost when I played as the Allies.  I always lose when I play as the Allies.  Wonder what that says about me?


Looking forward to more family game nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment